When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Vilja is Baptised

Today is a significant day for me, I am becoming a Godfather to a little baby girl named Vilja. This ceremony is taking place thousands of miles away in Norway; and the baby is the first child of a dear friend that I met on the Camino last year - Marion. She is one of the two sisters that I spent a few days walking together towards Santiago. God I miss those days...

At her request, I scanned and emailed my wish for Vilja so that Marion could print it and attach it to a little white helium balloon to be released as part of the ceremony. In recognition of our time on this earth as a journey and in the context of the Camino.I wrote:

"May all your arrows point to the Light. Buen Camino young beautiful pilgrim."

It is beginning to be understood by modern science that Consciousness influences matter and our thoughts know no boundaries. In fact, thoughts occur instantaneously everywhere the moment they form. So, at the appointed hour I did some meditation and in that sense I was present for Vilja's Baptism.

3 comments:

C said...

That's an interesting list of books you're reading ... Wonder if I could borrow some of them when you're done. :)

aaron said...

Hi Cheryl, I am thrilled that you read my Blog. If you're serious about borrowing or trading books my number is 0143607827. We could arrange an exchange at mYoga or The Gardens.

- Aaron

Marion said...

Dear Godfather Aaron

We had a beautiful ceremony for Viljas baptism! Even though you are far away, your precense is significant..Your wish was sendt along with the other guests' wishes...

lots of love - Marion