When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fancy meeting you here

Today I had one of my questions answered.


The salesman in the designer watch store in Raffles City tells me to try along Bras Basah street to have the link in my watch repaired. As I walk there seeking a watch store a man calls out to me. Again, like the last time, I was not really aware of the man as we passed until he called to me. It is the astrologer from India... again. It feels so surreal I wonder if I am dreaming. How can this be? I am in Singapore now, whereas we met 3 months ago in Malaysia... "You sir, have a very lucky face. July is a very lucky month for you!", he says to me. I feel disappointed. He IS a charlatan and this proves it. I interrupt him as he is telling me about some kind of lucky lines on my forehead to shake his hand and tell him I must go, I have to... to meet someone... it is a lie but this guy doesn't deserve honesty. Lines on my forehead?? I'm wearing a cap and sunglasses, you can't even see my forehead! Seagulls can recognize me with my cap and sunglasses on but not this guy, he doesn't realize that we've met before.


No matter, my previous conclusion has been affirmed. The man WAS a charlatan but also a messenger, April WAS the luckiest month I've had as long as I can remember. Now I can look forward to July too :)

No comments: