When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Turning the page

My heart grieves. I sit here in the departure lounge awaiting my boarding announcement and I feel utterly exhausted emotionally and physically. Physically because of the effort to pack and haul my belongings. Emotionally because I am grieving over the people I have come to love but now am leaving behind. Today I said too many goodbyes to too many dear, dear people close to my heart. When I came to California, I never thought my friends could mean so much to me. Right now I feel that I have lost half my world.

3 comments:

Me said...

Aaron I can relate to this 110%. But you are so right to recognize this as a grieving process and experience the sadness and loss. It's not a death, you still have your friends here in California and we still have you! Just not on a physical level. The relationships will take on a different dimension and depth. Some may even grow stronger than before. Just know that you are not alone in this my friend.

xoxo.

Suzanne said...

Where are you going? back home?
Life is a journey...no matter where you are or where you go....
enjoy.

aaron said...

I am not sure where I will put my feet down, right now I am headed to Malaysia and then China. I'm sort of drifting a little I suppose but I'm happy to be doing it though I'm missing my friends. I'm excited to see what comes my way, I've created the conditions for big things to happen.