When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Open your hand to receive

There's a book that I've adored since I read it.  I think this book is the most profound treatise on existentialism that I've ever read.  All the fundamental questions of our existence are dealt with quite soundly, in its words one can discern a sort of guiding compass for one's Bright Path of discovery.  I valued it as a reference to the point that I was afraid of parting with it, but I did anyways last week because I lent it to my Dad.  Since then  I've never had so many books lent to me in such a short time.  And these are books that greatly interest me!  It is true that it is difficult to receive when your hand is busy clutching onto something.  

Anyways, here are the books that have come my way in the past few days:
  • First Thunder An Adventure of Discovery - MSI
  • Open Mind, Open Heart The Contemplative Dimension of the Gospel - Thomas Keating
  • Evolution's End Claiming the Potential of our Intelligence - Joseph Chilton Pearce
  • The Four Agreements A Toltec Wisdom Book - Don Miguel Ruiz 

"The secret is not to be found in the answer, the secret is to be found in the mystery".  

No comments: