When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Reluctant Messiah

Today I felt peculiar. There is an anger that I have been deceived all my life it became apparent to me at a point in time when I moved a step closer to the Truth.  The Truth that we're capable of performing miracles and it was tantalizing yet scary. I felt the burden of responsibility shift towards me and I hesitated, I feared the possibilities. If I discover the Truth and learn that we are so close and that it requires nothing nor effort, can I forgive myself for denying myself in all the years of ignorance and what will then be the limitations where shall the boundaries be? It would be chaos. Somehow I crave the limitations on my abilities, it makes me feel secure in my and absolves me of responsibility, it is comfortable. And even if I were willing to stake claim to my limitless power as  co-creator then finally I must address the final question upon my conscience - how dare I?

With this revelation today I understood why we kill our Messiahs.  

Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there.
What you choose to do with them is up to you.   -  Richard Bach


No comments: