When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Satisfying the lower chakras

Last weekend I was invited on another trip to the outdoors.  This one was a gem and incredibly it was only a half hour from downtown Kuala Lumpur - the capital of Malaysia.  I've read that trips to nature can bring balance to the lower chakras which relate more to our primitive animal nature.  Personally I didn't feel any tingling in the lower regions, (I'm actually grateful for that) I just had a blast scrambling up rocks, taking in the fresh breeze and expansive views of Kuala Lumpur.  From this vantage point it seemed as though this impressive city was growing right out of the jungle floor.  

Because of its geographical setup on the perimeter of the Klang Valley, the quartz ridge we hiked comprised a boundary between two worlds.  On the southern side was a world of sprawling urbanization conceived by human engineering and the northern side was lay dark green jungle in its simplicity and wilderness.  On this side there was a placid mist enshrouded lake.  There was a sort of gate where the ridge dipped low at one point, from here water from the lake was piped to the city and flocks of various species of birds would traverse back and forth.  

More can be read from this website:


This is a picture of the 'gate', where the ridge dips low.  It is hard to perceive because it was taken from the ridge itself.  It cannot be seen in this photo but to the right of the ridge begins the creep of urbanization.  


At the higher altitude, there were carpets of moss due to the constant humidity and frequent rain.  

1 comment:

Marian Dean said...

Hi
Purely by chance I stumbled on your blog page this morning (UK) and by coincidence my son is a Reiki practitioner. So I thought I would just let you know at least one person has commented on your blog. So disheartening to write a blog and then find it seems no one read it.
Hope your life is good.
Granny (*!*)
by the way his website is just about up and running now.
http://jameswong.me.uk