When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Playfulness of Water

Today I took a shower.  Actually I take showers everyday.  Well... almost everyday unless there's a good reason.  Sometimes there's just no showers around, like when I'm camping or backpacking.  

I think the proper expression should be worded as - 'today I experienced a shower' because I noticed today a sort of aliveness in the water.   The water was actually cascading in a light playful dance over me, and if I could hear beyond normal frequencies I'm sure I would have heard the laughter of water.  At this point in my current life I've taken over ten thousand showers but I swear I've never FELT the water this way.  I became aware of the playful nature of water.  I invite you to take a different shower today.  Really luxuriate in the flow of water, and bask in the moment.  Stretch your arms over your head and turn your face to welcome the cool spray of the water and let it flow into your heart.  It is marvelously healing.  Oh, and practically free. :) 

1 comment:

Ymous Anon said...

try that under the rain, close your eyes and listen to water as it touches your skin.