When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Zealand it is...

I AM MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! 


This is incredible. Today I booked my ticket to Christchurch, New Zealand and yesterday I had no idea I would do so.  It came to me over lunch... 
  • My Malaysian friend Mervin called me up two days ago while I was at work and mentioned that he was taking a trip to New Zealand soon.  I have not heard from Mervin in many months, we agreed to meet for lunch today.  I met Mervin in Spain last May through a mutual friend from Italy, coincidentally Mervin and I also have a mutual friend in New Zealand and he's on his way to stay at her place during his visit.  This in itself is an amazing pair of coincidences.
  • At lunch he tells me that he is booked to arrive at Christchurch on April 1st, he just got a great airfare.  Only US$600 for the roundtrip, that is 50% off.  The deal ends on this day.  And the travel date is perfect since I am scheduled to take a professional certification exam at the end of March in Singapore, thereafter I have no commitments.
  • By the end of lunch I am convinced it is the right step to take, though I have no work permit nor occupation awaiting me, but I have this knowing that it is a good move.  Plus didn't I just make a declaration recently that I would find the perfect job in New Zealand?  
  • After lunch I tell a coworker that I am moving to New Zealand, she says that she has good I.T. recruitment contacts there to share with me.  
I am amazed at the sudden drawing of people and events guiding me towards my goal.  

1 comment:

Me said...

WHat!?!?! OMG this is so exciting but sooo far! Well not like Malaysia is a hop, skip and a jump. Anyway, I'm so happy for you Aaron. You are definitely creating your own path in the world!