When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another Happy Return

It is befitting that on my birthday I post this excerpt from Paulo Coelho's Manual of the Warrior of Light (which I am now reading):


A warrior of light knows that he has much to be grateful for.


He was helped in his struggle by the angels; celestial forces placed each

thing in its place, thus allowing him to give of his best.


His companions say: 'He's so lucky!' And the warrior does sometimes

achieve things far beyond his capabilities.


That is why, at sunset, he kneels and gives thanks for the Protective Cloak

surrounding him.


His gratitude, however, is not limited to the spiritual world; he never forgets

his friends, for their blood mingled with his on the battlefield.


I have been quite touched by the outpouring of well wishes from friends and relatives this year for my birthday. With the advent of Facebook and mobile text messaging, it is little effort to reach out to someone; and thus, never in my lfie have I been so inundated with greetings. Birthday greetings aside, the past month in general has been laden with hugs, well wishes and heartfelt goodbyes between myself and my friends in California and Malaysia as I embark for Australia. I have been feeling a bit drained by it to be honest. It is the pouring of love I think. I shall not take the people in my life for granted, it was once said by a wise man - "the level of happiness in life is not by how much you are loved but rather how much love you have for others".

No comments: