When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A good laugh, thank you J

Yesterday my friend J cracked me up in a major way. The day before we had watched a video clip on Youtube that perpetuates the stereotype about female drivers - (FemaleDriverCompilation). It was quite hilarious and the music was rather cute.

So yesterday morning as I was riding in her car and she was attempting to park the car, I sang the tune again to annoy her. She scoffed at it and dismissed it, undaunted I suggested she reprogram her parking indicator to use the tune instead. Or perhaps have a loudspeaker on the outside of the car to play the tune like an ice cream truck, and then it would switch to an air raid siren when she shifted to reverse. Well... we were both having a good jest with it, at her expense no doubt but it wasn't all unfounded because a few months back after we had watched "Quantum of Solace" the new Bond movie rife with fantastic car chase sequences she had pulled out of the parking and promptly mauled the side of her car on the pillar as she pulled out. When that happened I commented, "I was expecting a Bond maneuver but I got Mr.Bean instead."

And then there was the incident a few weeks back posted in my Blog where we had been rear ended rather severely but that was not her fault. Nevertheless, I can only wonder at the sort of close relationship she has with her car repair shop. And I kid you not, the last time she retrieved her car from there (to repair a smashed window from a snatch theft), the repairman sent her a text message ending with the sentence "Bye, miss you...".

Well, the icing on the cake was the moment that she had dropped me off yesterday after our meal and during the ride I had played that tune about a half dozen times. I was walking away from the car when I heard a crunch, I turned in time to see the car's rear wheel drop back off the foot high curb as J was taking the corner to exit. Evidently, she had taken the turn too tightly. I burst out laughing as she paused to give a mortified look from the car then a big embarrassed laugh before driving off. I promptly dialed her cellphone and she picked up in mid-laugther saying "Dont you dare!!", but I was already singing the tune again into the phone with tears wetting my cheeks....

3 comments:

Marian Dean said...

Catchy tune, I went into Y/T and could laugh again and again, Are we women really this bad?
Hope your friend still loves you!

Love Granny

aaron said...

Oh no Granny, I just checked the link I posted and it was the wrong tune. I've since redirected it to the correct one. Try it out now... :)

Ymous Anon said...

Sounds like the chipmunks. Hope no chipmunks were hurt in the production of the video.