When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Practicing Abundance at the intermediate level now

Once you start putting something into practice that rubs against a fear based belief (doing a not-doing), life brings more opportunities to stretch yourself even further and thus till the soil of the garden within ourselves.  

K had promptly repaid me for the money I had lent her.  A few days later I called her to see how her plans to leave for Australia were coming along.  She was in a bad state, she couldn't afford a plane ticket now and she'd been looking for work locally here in Malaysia but she was having trouble with her former employer tainting her referral.  What happened was when her employer provided apartment was broken into some months back, some items belonging to the company were stolen and now the company has billed her for it.  She is unable to pay it back and it's hurting her ability to land another job.  Hearing her I was filled with compassion and I knew that this was another opportunity crafted for me to be fearless and charitable even though I was tight with money because I was cutting my source of income, leaving my job for the unknown in the 'deep south'.  So I asked her to meet with me for a coffee and we chatted.

Over coffee she lamented the misery of her life citing every bit of misfortune that had befallen her from the day she had been born.  K at 23 years old is a cancer survivor, doctors had given up on her and she had gone through many painful surgical procedures involving her bone marrow a few years back.  I've heard her story before and it has inspired me, I knew she was a fighter but looking at her now it was the opposite impression.  "You know what's really sad about all this K?  It's not everything that's happened to you because that's over and done with.  What's sad is this fabulous, amazing, talented, intelligent pretty girl has fallen on her face and she's not picking herself up and is wallowing instead in self-pity like as though she's some sort of handicap."

I pulled out the money that she had repaid me.  "I am giving you this money because I think you are *-ing awesome.  So take this money and the next time you think the universe has you singled out for a rough ride think again.  I am just a messenger telling you that you are loved by this universe."  "

1 comment:

CGrantAnderson said...

Your act was very gracious and your comments wise but you have it wrong. This world singles out some very nice and special people for especially bad treatment. You can see that for yourself when you look at life through open eyes. And Kat's eyes. Also think about how you would fare living in her shoes.