When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, August 17, 2008

How to Perform Miracles

I am reading a big book called A Course in Miracles.  It is over 600 pages thick and actually is a guide on how to become a sort of miracle worker and perform selfless extraordinary feats in the name of love that defy time and space.  I started this book a week ago.

This book originates from the US but it has international recognition and the fact that a teacher is available here in Malaysia attests to it's global success.  I bought this book after attending a seminar here that has been ongoing for a few years now, the participants meet monthly and the speaker doesn't get paid.  The proceeds of the small cost to attend go to the rental of the room and the food.  

In the book there are daily exercises aiming to dissolve mental barriers and unlock one's hidden vast power.    I am not doing the exercises, maybe I will commit to them but for now I just glance at them from time to time.  Presently, I am more interested in the theory of it all and believe me it is very impressive, I find it difficult to consider that a human mind conceived of this content because it truly goes deeper than anything I've ever read.  The author of the book is not listed on the binding.  I am told that the person that sourced it is deceased now, instead of her name the source of the publication is listed as "The Foundation for Inner Peace".  From what I've learned at the seminar, this book was actually dictated and not authored.  To be precise the woman that wrote it channeled messages from another realm.  Personally, I am skeptical of this but the more I read, the more amazed I am of its cogency and accuracy.  And so I suspend my disbelief and continue to read, and continue to learn.  I do think this book and I were destined to meet.  

Oh, and if you believe the claim then the actual author of this book lived and died thousands of years ago.  And you probably know him.  

No comments: