When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An easy day in the city of Auckland

Vivek and I take a bus into the city and spend the afternoon in Borders sipping coffee and going through a batch of books we'd selected from the Mind/Body/Spirit section.  There are a few books on Toltec wisdom in the stack, but the one that fascinates me most is a book called "The Intention Experiment" by Lynne McTaggart, a well-respected international authority on the science of spirituality.  Her bestselling book is called 'The Field' (www.livingthefield.com).  We cut short our reading to watch an Imax movie called The Watchmen.  It is another DC comic book based production and quite entertaining though very bloody.  

We catch the last bus back to Birkdale at 1140pm.  Walking the streets of Birkdale suburb, I experience the myriad heady aromas from the scent of the many trees seeming to explode with scent.  It seems that trees exude a stronger scent nocturnally.  The air in New Zealand is some of the sweetest I have inhaled, it seems I am walking an olfactory safari.  Not a single car disturbs our 15 minute walk in the still crisp air.

No comments: