When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Monday, April 20, 2009

Oneness Blessing

Before I left for Auckland, I looked up Ascension in Queenstown on the internet to see if there was anybody practicing Ascension here.  Perhaps this why I am here in Queenstown.  I didn't find any such Ascenders but my search led me to a website about Oneness Blessing and then to a Oneness Blessing contact in Queenstown by the name of Adrian Young whom I emailed.  While I was in Auckland the person wrote back and we agreed to meet when I was back in Queenstown. 

We speak on the phone today to arrange our meeting and I learn that Adrian is a woman not a man.  The rental car must be returned today and I volunteer to do so. The car rental is out of town at the airport and there is a shopping plaza walking distance from there called The Remarkables Shopping Park where Adrian and I agree to meet.  There I make a quick trip to the Flightcenter air travel agency to see if I can get a cheap airfare back to Malaysia for immediately after the Great Walks; it is however disappointing.  

Adrian walks into the cafe and locates me seated at the back; my surprise extends further - she is Asian.  I prompt her about Oneness blessing and why after 8 years of Ascension she had made the switch to Oneness Blessing for spiritual nourishment.  She tells me that she still Ascends sometimes but many of the Ascenders in New Zealand are now practicing Oneness Blessings instead.  She explains: some people can't deal with the silence it creates, some are not willing to divest the false aspects of their personalities, other's can't deal with the stuff that comes up.  We bury our fears in our psyche and when they surface, they can take on  other guises to fool us into ceasing the practice.  The mind is a sort of entity in itself and it has the relentless guile to preserve it's mastery of who we believe we are.  Others simply lack the gumption to deal with them head on; there simply isn't enough Faith to carry them through.  Hearing this I am reminded of the parable told by Jesus of the seeds that are scattered, not everyone is prepared to allow the trees to grow and bear fruit.  I completely understand what she is saying, I am familiar with the flags that my ego has waved in my mind in attempts to curb my Ascension practice.  The mind really is quite cunning. 

In a nutshell, Oneness Blessing causes less upheaval in the individual.  So is the Toltec approach to awakening from our Dream; each one of us carries within wall of false agreements we have made throughout our lives and fastidiously protect.  One can imagine each agreement as a brick and our faith and personal power are tied up in this belief system which we believe without a doubt even though it ties up our personal power to create, we surrender our ability to co-create our reality and realize our full potentials further costing us true happiness, freedom and unconditional love.  Instead we accept the drama and emotional pain these beliefs/agreements generate.  The Four Agreements are a means to create a doubt in this belief system and doubt is the seed of enlightenment, the person who doubts now takes the responsibility to find the Truth and bit by bit the structure is dismantled brick by brick so that the Truth can be experienced.  Each one frees personal power than in turn enables us to tackle the larger ones.  Ascension on the other hand though effortless goes directly to the root stresses - in can be too much all of a sudden, especially without guidance and support. 

She hands me a picture of Bhagavan and Amma, "this is for you if you wish to keep it".  This couple I learn are the founders of the Oneness blessing that is now sweeping the planet.  On the back of the photo there is a Sanskrit prayer that I recognize as the Moola Mantra.  I negligently place it face down on the table and she chides me to "treat the picture as a living photograph".  In other words, respect the photo as though they are really present.   I am a little perturbed by this, I tell her that I am wary of any approach to enlightenment that takes the focus outside of myself.  She assures me that there is no worship involved.  I learn that Bhagavan and his wife are the original transmitters of a healing energy that heightens the powers of the brain and creates endless joy within each individual.  hmm... sounds like psychic drugs to me.  This gift is not exclusive to them, there is a Oneness University that leads participants through a 21 day process to gradually increases the person’s vibration. When the participants are ready they receive an initiation or attunement to be able to transmit the Oneness Blessing to others.  Adrian herself has undergone the process years ago to attain this ability.  

A transference of healing energy seems akin to the Reiki process of attunement that I underwent months ago and I have no doubt from that experience that an ability was conferred me.  I have no reason to doubt Adrian.  She tells me that I will not be the same once I receive a blessing, the mind will be altered to allow the person to move into higher states of emotional joy and bliss by shifting the primary activity of the brain into the frontal lobe.  When we operate from the frontal brain versus the parietal lobes or the lower brain centers, we feel connected to everyone and everything.  This sounds good but yet I feel a nervousness rise in me, just the knowledge that my mind will not be the same fills me with fear.  I remind myself of something I said to someone recently - if it doesn't involve some risk then it's just not worth doing.  I request for the blessing, I figure it would be a nice pre-birthday gift to myself.  

We shift to a location outside in the sun in the carpark away from people.  I sit down and close my eyes as she prepares herself.  Then I feel her hands rest gently just above my forehead and they feel quite cool.  There is no jolt of lightning and no buzzing of chakras as I had felt during the Reiki attunement, just a pleasant sensation of coolness on the front of my brain.  Maybe it's just from the temperature of her hands I think to myself.  At the end of it, I am relieved that I still can recall my name and it is still Aaron Shori. 

Soon thereafter, Adrian gives me a ride into town and we part ways.  Walking back to the apartment, I still feel the vague sensation of coolness.

No comments: