When I go out to meet the light, the shadow of my body follows me, but the shadow of my spirit precedes me and leads the way to an unknown place
- Kahlil Gibran

Friday, April 17, 2009

Queenstown Drama

I arrive back in Queenstown by flight today since Vivek has also departed for Sydney.  There is no one in the studio apartment so I take to the town for reading and coffee.  Later in the evening Mervin and Jules return from a 3 day road trip to Catlins in the south of the South island.  

That night, some friends are invited over for drinks.  As the night progresses, I opt to retire for the evening but a big altercation escalates between my two friends and I in front of the guests.  I am furious and pack my bags, I've had enough.  This trip is really a wash out, I opt to stay elsewhere tonight then get on a plane the next morning back to Malaysia.  Somehow Mervin's mediation settles things and I stay put, apologies are exchanged but the mood is soured.

No comments: